We recommend calibrating your trainer the first time you ride. You will not have to recalibrate it again. Calibrate using the Kinetic Fit app even if you're planning to ride on another app platform. Below you can find the calibration sequence and a few best practices.
The Software and Firmware:
- UPDATE THE FIT APP: Be sure that you have the latest version of the Kinetic Fit app running on your device. Check the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- REDUCE BLUETOOTH INTERFERENCE: Make sure your Kinetic R1 trainer isn't paired to any other apps.
- UPDATE FIRMWARE IF NEEDED: Launch the Kinetic Fit app and pair with the Kinetic R1 trainer and check for firmware updates by selecting SENSORS from the menu and then selecting your trainer and the GEAR ICON. Select UPDATE FIRMWARE if prompted. If you update firmware, be sure to POWER CYCLE THE TRAINER: unplug the trainer and plug it back in after the firmware update is completed.
- Update device OS: Check your general device settings to make sure there isn't an OS update available for your device. If one is available, please install it before your next trainer session.
- LAUNCH THE KINETIC FIT APP Check the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Pair your trainer Launch the Kinetic Fit app and pair with the Kinetic R1 trainer by selecting SENSORS from the menu and then selecting your trainer and the chainlink icon.
- Select a workout (FREE RIDE IS FINE IF JUST WARMING UP AND CALIBRATING).
- Start selected workout by selecting "Warmup" button
- Warm up for about 9 minutes We suggest that you warm up for around 9 minutes then select the "CALIBRATE" button on the warm up screen.
- Follow calibration prompts to speed up and then coast
- Upon coast down a "a calibration successful message" and calibration number will display
- If using the Fit app, continue with workout.
- If using a 3rd-party app like Zwift, quit out of the Fit app. Make sure that you're no longer paired to the trainer so that a new app can pair up to it using Bluetooth Smart.
Calibration times and belt break in:
Over the course of the first 10 to 20 hours of riding, the Kinetic R1 drive belt will have a bit of break in and can expect a small amount of black dust while the R1 belt is ridden in for these first hours. Belt noise also usually quiets down a bit as the belt breaks in. If belt noise continues to be an issue try this. Be sure to warm up for 9 to 10 minutes prior to calibration or calibration will not be accurate.