If the following symptoms are all present with your new Control or R1 trainer:
- LED light on trainer resistance unit is dead
- LED light on power strip is working
- There is no sound coming from the trainer when plugged in (electronic trainers home the stepper motor each time they are plugged in, you'll hear a short period of motor sound)
- The trainer may have never worked or may have worked briefly
You may have a bad fuse on the printed circuit board (PCB).
If you're experiencing this set of issues and suspect you have a bad PCB in your resistance unit, please do the following:
- Fill out a warranty claim HERE
- Include the trainer serial number and any purchase receipts or information you can provide
- Describe what is happening and note that you suspect a bad PCB
We will send you a PCB replacement kit with instructions for swapping the board. Performing this repair will NOT void your warranty on the trainer if we send you the kit. The kit contains a board, instructions and two torx wrenches for removing the trainer housing and replacing the board (below).
This PCB-fuse issue is confined to a very small number of new Control trainers and R1 trainers. This issue is not associated with Smart Control trainers or inRide sensors.