Kinetic Control trainers pair with apps using the Bluetooth Smart communication protocol (a.k.a. Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth LE or BLE) found in nearly all mobile devices manufactured within the past 5 years and with ANT+.
Control trainer pairing issues are frequently caused by a number of different scenarios including any one or combination of these:
- Trainer is not paired and CONNECTED in device settings. See proper pairing procedure here.
- Bluetooth on phone/device is turned off.
- Fit App and/or Control firmware need(s) to be updated.
- Trainer is paired to another fitness app running in the background.
- Trainer is still paired on another device that you were using.
- You're attempting to pair with an app that doesn't support Control trainers*
- Phone or tablet Operating System (OS) is not current. Update it!
Here's what we recommend to you get up and running. Check your device settings to be sure the trainer is paired and CONNECTED in the phone or tablet device settings: SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH > MY DEVICES. You should see your sensor in the list of MY DEVICES. When the sensor is paired in a training app, it should also be paired in the MY DEVICES. If you're having connection issues tap the sensor name and be sure it says CONNECTED to the right of the sensor name. If the sensor is paired to another training app you will be unable to pair it to another app. BLE sensors pairs to one device ONLY. Be sure to quit out of any other apps that you may have paired with.
- Hard quit the Fit app (varies by device)
- In your device settings, turn off Bluetooth
- Power OFF your device
- Power OFF the Control trainer
- Power ON your device and turn on Bluetooth again
- Power ON the Control trainer
- Try pairing your trainer to the training app again.
- Be sure to also select PAIR when the Bluetooth Pairing Request pop up comes up (if you're already paired in Bluetooth settings you won't see this pop up again, go directly to device settings to verify that your trainer is on the MY DEVICES list).
If you're having Zwift pairing issues have a look at this ARTICLE.
Finally, if none of this works for you, send us a note at the Submit a Request link and describe what happened and we'll determine the next steps.
*APPS supporting wireless communication standards Bluetooth FTMS and ANT+ FE-C will pair with Control trainers. We recommend using the following training apps: Kinetic Fit, Zwift, TrainerRoad, Rouvy, FulGaz, The Sufferfest and Kinomap.