BEFORE YOU START
Kinetic Smart 2 trainers and inRide 3 sensors pair with apps using Bluetooth Smart communication (a.k.a. Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth LE or BLE) protocol found in nearly all mobile devices manufactured within the past 5 years and with ANT+.
PAIRING BEST PRACTICES
- Download and install the software you'd like to use. We recommend that all customers start with the Kinetic Fit app. The Fit app is necessary for calibration and periodic firmware updates.
- Open Fit app and create an account.
- ALLOW LOCATION TRACKING for the Fit app. The app location tracking during app use must be active for the Fit app to work properly.
- Configure your profile: Follow the configuration instructions here for the Fit app.
- Wake up your trainer or inRide sensor: Make sure that your Smart trainer or inRide sensor is active by pedaling your bike for a few turns.
- Pair to the Fit app: Open the Fit app and select SENSORS from the menu on the bottom left of the app screen. Your inRide sensor or Smart 2 trainer should show up there. Select the CHAIN LINK ICON. It will turn green when paired. All training apps will have a similar process for pairing. Just make sure the trainer or sensor is active before trying to pair in any 3rd-party app. For new trainers and inRide sensors, you'll also see prompt to activate your FREE Fit app subscription when you pair with the app for the first time.
- NOTE: users might see a prompt to update firmware when their trainer is paired. If prompted to update, please do so. This ensures the most accuracy and best performance across apps supporting Kinetic products.
- You should be ready to ride at this point. CLICK HERE for additional instructions for using the Kinetic Fit app.
- CLICK HERE for additional instructions for getting started with Zwift.
Sometimes customers encounter issues with pairing. 90% of the time it's a dead battery in an inRide sensor or heart rate strap or it's because the sensor has been paired to Bluetooth in device settings instead of the chosen training app. Some inRide sensors and Smart trainers have been reported to arrive with dead batteries. Please check your battery first. Smart trainer owners and Smart Control owners should also check their device settings to be sure the trainer or heart rate strap is not paired in the phone or tablet device settings: SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH, if you see your sensor listed please delete it.
INRIDE 3 AND SMART 2 TRAINERS: follow the steps listed below to fix a Fit app pairing issue if it's not battery or Bluetooth settings.
- Hard quit the Fit app by double tapping the home button and upswiping the app if it's on.
- In your device settings, turn off Bluetooth.
- Power off your device.
- Pull battery from the inRide sensor and flip it.
- While your sensor battery is flipped, power up your device, turn on bluetooth again in settings, open the Fit app, and open the Sensors screen.
- Flip the battery back to positive side up in the sensor and reinstall battery cap (a magnet helps with removal). If this doesn't work, try it again with a fresh battery.
Finally, if none of this works for you, send us a note and describe what happened and we'll determine the next steps.