The first time you set up your trainer and pair it to the Kinetic Fit app on your iOS or Android device, you'll very likely need to update the firmware. Up-to-date firmware is critical for ensuring that your trainer works. Even if you're using Zwift or another 3rd-party cycling app you'll still need to do periodic firmware updates and calibrations within the Kinetic Fit app so it's good to know how this works now.
1. Download and install the Kinetic Fit app: www.kinetic.fit
2. Open app, be sure to allow location services in app or sensors won’t work. from APP MENU, select PROFILE and create a user account and profile.
3. Plug in trainer and select SENSORS from APP MENU.
4. Pair trainer by selecting CHAIN ICON
5. In a moment or two another screen will come up with a Bluetooth Pairing Request, select PAIR.
6. After trainer pairs, select YES to activate free trial subscription. NOTE: A green banner will appear on the top of the screen if a firmware update is available.
7. Tap green banner to update firmware and select UPDATE FIRMWARE. Keep screen active and don’t navigate away or update will fail.
8. When update is complete, Select OKAY and unplug trainer. Plug trainer in again and start training.
Please download the PDF file for portable instructions
Sometimes customers encounter issues with pairing. With NEW Control trainers it might be because the pairing with device bluetooth settings isn't connected. Control-trainer owners should check their device settings to be sure the trainer is paired in the phone or tablet settings: SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH, if you see your sensor listed please be sure it's connected when it's paired with the Fit app.
If none of this works for you, send us a note and describe what happened and we'll determine the next steps.